Disclaimer: the views here do not express the views of Peace Corps or the United States Government. They are solely my own.

Aug 28, 2010

Jam


While serving green tea at work I met these wonderful people. Every now and again, a musical group will wander into the Cafe while waiting to play at the Ames Progressive. These folks immediately warmed up to me, and I had a great conversation with all of them. Currently, they are heading west on their tour. One of the guys, Jeremy, had just returned from a trip to Africa and gave me some amazing photographs that he had taken. Jeremy is funding his musical endeavors by selling photographs-- he's wonderfully talented in both visual and musical art. Once I got off work, I was able to watch Dum Spiro Spero perform live, and they did not disappoint. Their sound was a folk/bluegrass/rock infusion, and even though I wasn't wearing my dancing shoes, I couldn't help but stand and get my groove on. Live music is quite the treat, and it seems like it always puts everyone in a good mood.

No comments:

Post a Comment