The past week has been filled with packing and repacking and repeating. The Peace Corps allows volunteers serving in warm climates to check 80 pounds of luggage. Right now, I'm at 87 pounds, and I can't decide what I should take out.
Since returning to Ames, I've slept for about a total of ten hours (spanning three days). That might be a slight exaggeration, but I've been really busy with working, seeing friends, and running last minute errands. Honestly, the fact that I'm leaving on Monday has just hit me. I've never been so nervous for anything in my life.
I did see on the news today that the Northeast is supposed to be slammed by a winter storm on Sunday night. Hopefully this doesn't affect my travel plans (I'm flying to Washington DC to meet up with other volunteers in Nica55). It never fails!
No comments:
Post a Comment